- City: Romford
- County: Essex
- Zip/Postal Code: RM1
- Listed: May 12, 2020 11:07 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Looking for Brick Pointing in London?
Alex Brick Pointing provide the highest quality brick pointing in London. Our specialist team complete restorations for both domestic and commercial properties in London, Chelsea, South Kensington, Battersea, Fulham, Mayfair, Chiswick, Camden, Kilburn, Knightsbridge, West Brompton and Westminster. Get in touch today! Tel: 07462 658 000
At Alex Brick Pointing, we provide:
- Brick Pointing
- Brick Repointing
- Brickwork Restoration
- Brick Cleaning
- Restoration Services
Pointing refers to the mortar between the bricks or stone of a wall. Depending upon the age of the house, the mortar may be composed of either lime or cement. The material acts as a bedding for the bricks and stones, preventing water from moving through the joins and allowing the wall to breathe and drain.
With such an important role in maintaining the integrity of the walls, it is essential to ensure that the mortar is in the best condition. If the mortar between the bricks becomes damaged or worn away over time, it can lead to very damaging effects to your home. Cracks and degradation can allow water to seep through and dramatically decrease the structural strength of the property. Fortunately, our highly skilled and experienced professionals are on hand to repair and replace damaged mortar, restoring the wall to the very best condition.
Your property might need repointing if you see:
- Damaged Bricks or Mortar – damaged brickwork and mortar not only affect the appearance of your property, but also compromises the structural strength and could even be allowing moisture into the wall. In all cases, where there are damaged bricks and mortar, repointing is a great option.
- Efflorescence – this term refers to white deposits that form on brickwork, from water and salts rising to the surface. Whilst efflorescence does not cause great damage to the brickwork, it does create an unsightly look. It is however, concerning that this process is occurring and so, repointing and replacement is a good solution.
- Inappropriate Cleaning – whilst cleaning brickwork from time to time is a good idea, abrasive methods can cause damage to bricks and mortar – if this has happened to your property, brick pointing is the perfect solution.
- Damp – penetrating damp can be caused by inadequate brick pointing, as this could be allowing water to leak through the wall. The high quality repointing from Alex Brick Pointing can easily solve these problems.
The experts at Alex Brick Pointing never fail to deliver brick restoration services in London, for all properties. With more than 15 years of experience, our local brickwork specialists are on hand to complete all exterior works in London. Fully insured, our customers can rest assured in knowing that their property is in the very best hands.
For more information about brick pointing in London from Alex Brick Pointing, or to receive a free estimate, get in touch with our fantastic team today! Tel: 07462 658 000
785 total views, 1 today